The first meeting of The Media, Gender and ICTs University Network is planned for April 25-28, 2017 at RMIT Europe, located in Barcelona (the European branch of the Australia-based RMIT university).
C/Minerva, n 2
Tel: +34 93 547 77 00
Please see the RMIT Europe Intranet site for visitor information, including practical information about accommodation, transport, etc: https://sites.google.com/a/rmit.edu.au/rmit-europe-intranet/about/visit-rmit-europe
The Agenda for the Barcelona meeting (TBC) is to:
- develop, finalize and adopt a four-year Global Plan of research activities for the University Network on Gender, Media and ICTs. This will be linked to advancing the research vision on Media Scholarly Agenda for the Global Alliance on Media and Gender (GAMAG), published by UNESCO and IAMCR (International Association for Media and Communication)
- define research activities linked to policy development to be achieved by this Network
- advance the research vision on Media Scholarly Agenda for the Global Alliance on Media and Gender (GAMAG), published by UNESCO and IAMCR (International Association for Media and Communication)
- define education activities to be fostered by the Network
- examine ways in which the network might be funded: research grants, institutional options and other funding opportunities to sustain the Network
- develop projects that members can work on together in line with the agenda of the Network
- identify new members to be invited into the Network: individual scholars, organisations (including media), NGOs, government, etcetera.